23 photos to show why you should never, ever, visit Laos.
1. The night markets are ghastly
2. The waterfalls are ugly
3. There are no places to enjoy a beer with a view
4. Terrible sunsets
5. Mundane architecture
6. Disappointing views
7. Horrible food
8. No history
9. Little religious heritage
10. Boring boats
11. The waterfalls are too small
12. Nothing to see when you go for a walk
13. Awful sights from the air
14. Building decorations are boring
15. Poor mountain ranges
16. Mundane caves
17. Tiny rivers
18. The water is not a good colour
19. No attractive cycling routes
20. City views are average
21. Avoid the ponds
22. The food markets are not popular
23. As I said the sunsets are really, really bad
So there are my reasons to never, ever visit Laos. Did I miss any?
6 thoughts on “23 photos to show why you should never visit Laos”
I loved my visit to Vientiane in November, I can wholeheartedly agree with your post.
It’s a lovely place. Thank you for the comment.
I never visit Lao again after my first visit. I live in Lao now..
Sounds terrible Frank!
Hey there 🙂
Would be great to know where each pictures was taken? I just booked a flight for next February and can’t wait to enjoy these beautiful spots!
They were all between Vientiane and Luang Prabang (mostly in and around Luang Prabang). I’m sure you’re going to have a great time!